Welcome to the site of the Internet of Things Lab (IoT Lab) at the Computer Engineering and Informatics Department of University of Patras, Greece. The Lab is headed by Prof. Sotiris Nikoletseas.
Our Lab focuses on the design, analysis and implementation of efficient algorithms, systems, applications and testbeds for Wireless Sensor Networks and the Internet of Things. Some recent trends include:
- wireless power transfer in IoT systems
- crowdsourcing and crowdsensing via mobile sensors, smartphones and wearables
- privacy and trust
- activity recognition in IoT systems via machine learning applications.
Specific applications we have developed include:
- smart health, especially tracing allergy via combining ambient sensors and smart wearables
- energy efficient buildings via IoT technology
- data management and energy efficiency in smart industries
- monitoring and revitalising smart photovoltaic parks